Grandma Ophie Scholarship
1. Attended Smythe Academy for three or more years.
2. Graduation from a Sacramento Area High School
3. Accumulative High School GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4. Enrollment at a community or state college, or university.
5. Fully completed application received by May 19, 2023. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Grandma Ophie Scholarship Application: https://forms.gle/qBbq3zrNNFrjAMqK6
Complete Application above and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- copy of current transcript
- Two letters of recommendation – one from High School counselor or teacher and one from someone who knows you well outside the school setting
- Essay – Describe in your own words who you are and what you want to accomplish in life. Consider including information about your character, accomplishments, service to your family or community, how you overcame any obstacles or adversity in your life or schooling, and how you plan to serve others in the future. Also include a memory from your years at Smythe. Your essay must be typed, double-spaced, and no more than 3 pages in length.
- List of extracurricular activities in school and in the community
- List of honors your received and any leadership positions you have held
- List of work experience
- Names and phone numbers of people submitting letters of recommendation
Secundina Gonzalez, affectionately known as "GrandmaOphie", was a parent volunteer at our school for over 25 years. During that time she worked daily in the kindergarten classrooms and volunteered weekly in each classroom of her children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren. Grandma Ophie was dedicated to education and children, and we are honored to have known her. It is with pleasure that we seek to remember her by supporting a former Smythe student who will work to serve otheres, as Grandma Ophie served us.